August 03, 2015 - Posted toCatchy topics for your research papers
Best Essay Topics on Environment
The ecological questions are highly important nowadays and a millions of people talk about it and seek for the effective solutions. Environmental issues impact so many areas of our lives that it is possible for an environmental essay to be an appropriate assignment in many college classes. Public health, political science, ecology, history, journalism, and government are just a few examples. Topics related to the environment inspire a lot of passionate feelings. It is important to temper those with a well thought out and rational approach. The other challenge that you will face when you write an essay about environment issues or policies is to decide which of the many topic ideas you will choose. If you would like some assistance in selecting an essay topic and making sure that your arguments are passionate, yet based in fact, keep reading. We think we have some tips that you can use.
Where to Start with Environmental Essay
Your best bet is to pick an essay topic that interests you and that you can also tie into the class you are taking. We have come up with a few essay topics relating to the environment, and we have placed them into categories that we hope will make the selection process easier for you.
Current Events and the Environment
- Do news outlets give unfair amounts of air time to climate change deniers?
- Write an argumentative essays on whether or not politicians overplay environmental issues to get votes.
- Write an essay on the environment and how it will impact the economy in the next five years.
- What are the main kinds, sources and effects of pollution?
- Should the United Nations sanction countries that are the worst polluters?
- Should fossil fuels be banished within the next decade?
Business and Issues Related to the Environment
- Write an environmental pollution essay on a company that has successfully reduced its carbon footprint in the last decade.
- Write a profile about an entrepreneur who has successfully launched a product that is beneficial to the environment.
- Will businesses that focus on the production or consumption of fossil fuels be viable 20 years from now?
- Should businesses be criminally prosecuted when there is evidence that their pollution causes injury, disease, or death?
Healthcare and the Environment
- Is there a causative relationship between pollution and breathing conditions in children?
- What are ways in which those with compromised health can be negatively impacted by pollution?
- What are the five most important environmental issues that impact public health?
- Write an environmental issues essay on the positive results of reducing pollution.
The Environment and Government/History
- What environmental issues are impacting third world countries?
- Should environmental sustainability have an impact on imports and exports?
- Should environmental concerns have more of an impact on foreign policy than economic concerns?
- Should government regulate businesses when it comes to environmental issues, or should businesses be trusted to self-regulate?
Taking a Balanced Approach to Writing an Essay on the Environment
When you think about writing an essay on the environment, what comes to mind? Do you feel passionately that environmental issues are extremely important and must be addressed by world powers as soon as possible? Do you believe that for the most part the problem is being blown out of proportion for political reasons? Do you believe that it is the responsibility for every person to be an environmental steward? Do you believe that science and technology will solve environmental issues in the future? How do your political or religious beliefs impact the way that you view this topic?
If you have passionate opinions on environmental issues, that is perfectly fine. However, regardless of your views, it is still important that you are able to write about this topic in a logical and respectful manner. You should not let your personal views displace the facts and rationality. You should also be realistic and write about actual problems and ways of solving them. One particular essay in which you might run into trouble is a human impact on the environment essay. Whether the specific topic is climate change or something else, the idea that people do or do not have a direct and significant impact on the environment can become very contentious. And all the opinions are equally important and make sense when well-grounded. It is important to remember that no matter what your position is that your essay is supported by fact, and that any opposing essay is given fair consideration. Avoid taking “cheap shots” at those who disagree with you or constructing straw men with no other purpose than tearing down an argument that nobody has made. It doesn’t matter if you are writing a paper that the government should stop all environmental regulation, or a protecting the environment essay advocating for more regulations. Always base your arguments in fact, logic, and fair consideration for the opposing view. Sometimes the professor might want you to write an environmental essay on the certain topic. And not always your personal views will coincide with the given statement. This kind of writing assignment will teach you how to write an objective essay avoiding influence of stereotypes, personal beliefs and other subjective factors.
If you are ever in need of help with a save our environment essay or any other type of essay, don’t hesitate to speak with smart essay writing’s customer service representative. They are ready to provide you with an expert help and give you great advice! If you want more writing advice, come back soon and read more of our blogs!